FICTION_L Archives

Fiction Discussion List

FICTION_L@CCPLLISTS.CUYAHOGALIBRARY.NET

From:
Lindsay Jagger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Fiction Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Nov 2022 22:15:45 -0500
I read a book about 20 years ago that I want to find again but can't remember the title. I thought it was Danielle Steel's Five Days in Paris. I don't remember the whole plot but I have bits and pieces. Set in France.
Woman married to French man they have a daughter named Pillar who wants a motorcycle. Mom says no but dad buys it for her anyways. The mom has an affair and finds out the dad is having a long term affair. When he finds out the mom is pregnant he tells her it can't be his since he had a vasectomy without his wife's knowledge. Pillar gets in an accident and dies. The husband says they will start their family over now but she decides to leave him and raise her child alone. The final few pages show the main woman painting the baby's room and the man she had an affair with shows up and they get together.

Any help finding this book would be appreciated.