FICTION_L Archives

Fiction Discussion List

FICTION_L@CCPLLISTS.CUYAHOGALIBRARY.NET

Reply To:
Fiction Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Sep 2018 00:12:41 -0400
It seems to me that when patrons get into mystery books they REALLY get into mystery books. I've had people work through their favorite mystery authors in a matter of months and then come back to me asking for more authors like them, or just wanting to know where they can go to keep track of all the new mystery books coming out.

I've been using StopYoureKillingMe (http://www.stopyourekillingme.com/index.html) for my mystery book needs and thought it might be useful for everyone if they didn't already know about it. The site offers some ideas for author read-alikes and even some location-based mystery searches, in case someone is traveling to California and wants to read a mystery set in the state. I use the New Hardcovers page the most though, since it lists several mystery books coming out in a given month and also indicates if they belong to a series or are a standalone book.