FICTION_L Archives

Fiction Discussion List

FICTION_L@CCPLLISTS.CUYAHOGALIBRARY.NET

From:
Lynne Welch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Fiction Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jul 2016 08:29:00 -0600
Urban Fantasy is becoming more and more popular here. And it has a
little bit of everything, all in one package, which makes it an easy
cross-sell for readers of many different genres: Adventure, Fantasy,
Horror, Mystery, Romance, etc.

Ilona Andrews offers an excellent introduction to the genre: she's got
the Kate Daniels series set in an alternate version of our Atlanta, the
Edge series set in alternate Louisiana Bayou country, Hidden Legacy in
Austin, and Innkeeper (started as an online serial, now two books
published and the third currently being created in online installments)
in Texas Hill country.

There's also Jim Butcher's Harry Dresden (Chicago), Rob Thurman's Cal
Liandros and Lisa Shearin's SPI Files (NYC) and many more to choose
from.

HTH,
--
Lynne Welch – Reference Librarian
Herrick Memorial Library - Wellington, Ohio USA