From: Fiction Discussion List <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Matthew Murray <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2022 8:38 AM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Books like Final Fantasy Games

You might also want to check out some of the "light novels<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_novel>" from Japan Right now there are a lot of them about characters being "reborn" into virtual, video game-like fantasy worlds.

Some of the publishers who release them (both digitally and in print) are:
J-Novel Club<https://j-novel.club/>
Seven Seas Entertainment's Airship imprint<https://sevenseasentertainment.com/light-novels/>
Yen Press<https://yenpress.com/yen-on/>

The Bookwalker site has a page where they list some of the most popular titles<https://global.bookwalker.jp/categories/3/light-novels/>.

Many of the popular light novels get adapted into manga, but the prose version came first.

Square Enix Books also has some Final Fantasy novels.

Final Fantasy XV: The Dawn Of The Future<https://squareenixmangaandbooks.square-enix-games.com/en-us/product/9781646090006> (short story collection I think)
Final Fantasy VII Remake: Traces Of Two Pasts<https://squareenixmangaandbooks.square-enix-games.com/en-us/product/9781646091775> (out January, 2023)

And it looks like Yen Press published some too. Though they've also published a lot of manga I _think_ these ones are all prose.
Final Fantasy XIII Episode Zero: Promise<https://yenpress.com/9781975382407/final-fantasy-xiii-episode-zero-promise/>
Final Fantasy I ** II * II: Memory of Heroes<https://yenpress.com/9781975382391/final-fantasy-i-ii-iii/>
Final Fantasy VII: On the Way to a Smile
Final Fantasy VII: The Kids Are Alright: A Turks Side Story

Best,
Matthew