FICTION_L Archives

Fiction Discussion List

FICTION_L@CCPLLISTS.CUYAHOGALIBRARY.NET

From:
Matthew Murray <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Fiction Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Nov 2022 08:38:11 -0800
You might also want to check out some of the "light novels
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_novel>" from Japan Right now there are
a lot of them about characters being "reborn" into virtual, video game-like
fantasy worlds.

Some of the publishers who release them (both digitally and in print) are:
J-Novel Club <https://j-novel.club/>
Seven Seas Entertainment's Airship imprint
<https://sevenseasentertainment.com/light-novels/>
Yen Press <https://yenpress.com/yen-on/>

The Bookwalker site has a page where they list some of the most popular
titles <https://global.bookwalker.jp/categories/3/light-novels/>.

Many of the popular light novels get adapted into manga, but the prose
version came first.

Square Enix Books also has some Final Fantasy novels.

Final Fantasy XV: The Dawn Of The Future
<https://squareenixmangaandbooks.square-enix-games.com/en-us/product/9781646090006>
(short
story collection I think)
Final Fantasy VII Remake: Traces Of Two Pasts
<https://squareenixmangaandbooks.square-enix-games.com/en-us/product/9781646091775>
(out
January, 2023)

And it looks like Yen Press published some too. Though they've also
published a lot of manga I _think_ these ones are all prose.
Final Fantasy XIII Episode Zero: Promise
<https://yenpress.com/9781975382407/final-fantasy-xiii-episode-zero-promise/>
Final Fantasy I ** II * II: Memory of Heroes
<https://yenpress.com/9781975382391/final-fantasy-i-ii-iii/>
Final Fantasy VII: On the Way to a Smile
Final Fantasy VII: The Kids Are Alright: A Turks Side Story

Best,
Matthew

--
Email: [log in to unmask]
Twitter: @MidniteLibrary <https://twitter.com/midnitelibrary>

MLIS 2015, School of Library, Archival & Information Studies (SLAIS), UBC

Listen to Book Club for Masochists: A Readers' Advisory Podcast
<http://bookclub4m.libsyn.com/>!

*I'm reading *Semiosis* by Sue Burke*. *What are you reading?